Accountant, Urner Barry
Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The primary responsibilities of the Accountant will be completing monthly accounting reports, including preparation and recording of journal entries. Reporting to the Controller, the full time position will include all accounting and management support activities. Employee flexibility is essential since responsibilities and functions will evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Experience with sales tax preparation and maintenance of sales tax system
• Experience with bank reconciliations
• Familiarity with payroll processing and payroll tax filings
• Experience with accounts payable
• Understanding of inventory management
• Ability to compile and analyze financial information to post entries to general ledger
• Month-end closings experience preferred
• Prepaid Asset and Liability analysis
• Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
• General Ledger account analysis and maintenance
• Maintain, record, classify and summarize accurate financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards
• Other administrative/accounting duties as assigned and/or as needed
• Excellent computer skills, including comprehensive knowledge of Quick Books and Microsoft Excel
• Special Projects & other duties as assigned and/or as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA eligible required.
• Team player capable to work independently with organizational, planning, time management and troubleshooting skills and attention to the details
• The ability to multitask and prioritize to complete assignments within a given time frame.
• Competence in Excel with the ability to visually interpret the logic of a complex sequence of excel formulas and update or change as needed
• Knowledge of Access, Crystal, Word and Quick Books preferred.
• Must have excellent work ethic and desire to learn; willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
• Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields.
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
• Ability to be keep information confidential
• Good communication skills
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754