Data Analyst – Agrimoney
London or Preston, UK
Agrimoney, the award-winning website focusing on the business of agriculture, is seeking an analyst to drive its expansion in the gathering and analysis of statistics, which are so important to understanding the sector.
This is a new, exciting role, and we are looking for a candidate with the curiosity and analytical skills to explore and assess data from a range of sources worldwide, and collate and present it in an easily digestible form for Agrimoney readers.
The ideal candidate would be able to interpret the data as the basis for articles for Agrimoney’s subscribers, who are based around the world, and include some of the biggest names in agricultural production, trading and investment spheres.
If you are someone who enjoys digging up data, can see the story in numbers and trends, and are able to turn statistics into stories, we would love to hear from you.
An enthusiasm and aptitude for data and good analytical practice is essential. If you know and understand the agriculture sector, even better, but it is not critical.
Agrimoney is owned by AgriBriefing, whose international portfolio of information services also includes Farmers Guardian, FeedInfo and Urner Barry.
Reporting directly to the editor, the data analyst will be responsible for monitoring data sources, and updating the range of Agrimoney data products.
These will include existing services. However, the analyst would ultimately be expected to suggest new products and develop them.
The key tasks are:
• Scouring reports for market data, and uploading it
• Taking ownership of quality and accuracy of data sets
• Proposing new products, and executing them, in line with good statistical practices
• Analysing data for interesting trends, and writing on those for our readers
• Communicating and working closely with colleagues
• Degree or higher, preferable in a subject such as economics or finance which shows comfort with statistics
• Ability to assess market conditions and provide analysis
• Creative ability and imagination; ability to work under pressure; attention to detail
• Command of PC Windows and Microsoft Office
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must
• Smart, flexible, friendly and professional
• Maintain sense of urgency
• Straightforward, honest, team player
The position offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience, and excellent package including 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years’ service, an extra day off on your birthday, contributory pension scheme with contributions matched up to 6%, free life assurance, Perkbox discount scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, cycle2work scheme and employee assistance programme
Please send your CV, covering letter and examples of your work to the editor Mike Verdin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Thursday 18 April 2019.