Market Reporter, Urner Barry
Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The Market Reporter/Analyst, reporting to Senior Vice President, will be responsible for closely monitoring market and industry trends on specific protein markets. Provide timely, accurate, objective findings in daily reports, prepare detailed analysis, and contribute to product development, specializing in market research, reporting, and the maintenance of data sets. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Collect, interpret, and communicate relevant data to key stakeholders in timely manner mainly through phone interviews
• Analyze assigned protein markets, applying methodologies to report findings
• Proficiency with market drivers in key commodity area including but not limited to supply statistics, demand drivers, price influencers
• Ability to research and find relevant data in key commodity area
• Understand they dynamics of supply, demand, price drivers, substitutes, and complements of their assigned market
• Take ownership for quality and accuracy of data sets
• Maintain existing and generate new industry contacts
• Write commentary, prepare reports (including supporting data), and make convincing market presentations
• Professionally work with internal and external partners
• Disseminate market information through a multitude of channels
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher; Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications, 3 years’ experience at a Price Reporting Agency in similar role can be substituted for education requirement
• Analytical thinker with the ability to assess market conditions and provide detailed statistical analysis
• Strong technical background with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SQL, and Access a plus
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Some travel required; potentially internationally
• Public speaking experience
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754
Urner Barry Employment application form: