Senior Marketing Manager – Events
AgriBriefing, London, UK
AgriBriefing supports an international community of agribusiness professionals, operating across multiple sectors of the value chain to improve yields, purchase more effectively and build better businesses. Our trusted brands deliver price reporting; premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence.
Across AgriBriefing’s market intelligence businesses we provide the independent benchmarks around which agricultural inputs and produce are traded. Over 500,000 professionals in 150 countries rely on our publications, information services and events to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars. We have offices in London, Preston, Toulouse and Toms River, NJ.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to focus on our corporate events. The role holder will work closely with Event Sales and Content teams and their stakeholders to deliver high quality, commercially successful events for a range of AgriBriefing brands. You must have strong experience and skills managing common digital and offline channels and be comfortable using marketing technology and understanding related data and processes.
AgriBriefing is a fast moving, entrepreneurial group and you’ll need to balance taking a lead on activity with rolling your sleeves up and helping to deliver it. We are a friendly, non-hierarchical group and need a Senior Marketing Manager who is confident building new relationships and who enjoys working with a wide variety of stakeholders. You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change.
The role is based in central London, but occasional European and Worldwide travel will be required to support the events.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with other events specialists across the group both in the same office and remotely, to bring together high quality large events. You’ll typically be the marketing lead on these events, ensuring appropriate plans are in place to deliver the event’s objectives on time and budget. You’ll be expected to personally deliver much of the activity – we don’t have big teams and everyone is hands-on. We do however have access to in-house specialists in digital development and analytics and you’ll need to collaborate with these colleagues to provide a seamless, efficient service to the business.
As our teams are geographically spread you’ll need to use a range of communication tools to work with colleagues remotely, and you’ll need good basic project management skills to deliver work with many moving parts. You’ll be expected to put processes in place to measure the effectiveness of all marketing activity you carry out and build business cases for further investment.
You’ll work with event managers onsite at events to make sure everything goes smoothly and our events deliver what they promise. Whilst you’ll be focussed on events you will occasionally be asked to help other marketers when we’re particularly busy, so this role gives plenty of opportunity to expand.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Solid experience as a marketing manager or senior marketing manager delivering a high volume of effective marketing activity across channels.
• Experience marketing large events and conferences
• Proactive self-starter.
• Results driven, commercial mindset.
• Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM and email broadcast tools in particular.
• Deep experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures and other event collateral – ability to demonstrate how you’ve designed and implemented multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
• Confident working with senior internal and external stakeholders including high value clients.
• Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
• Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
• Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
• Experience targeting senior executives in a B2B context.
• Experience using Salesforce for CRM – taking responsibility for data and business processes from a marketing perspective and getting value out of the system.
• Experience using Marketo or similar enterprise level marketing automation tool.
• Experience managing direct and dotted line reports when working in agile project-focussed environments.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the role to Chief Marketing Officer, Emma Luetchford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 26 April 2019