Staff Writer – Livestock, Urner Barry
Toms River, NJ, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
Reporting to Director, Editorial, the Staff Writer, Livestock will be part of a team delivering the latest in breaking agricultural and food industry news to Urner Barry’s client base. The Staff Writer, Livestock is directly responsible for news content, formatting, layout and enhancement of news across all platforms; and will write and proof promotional material and market commentary. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include, but not limited to):
• Daily generation of original news articles and market reports
• Management, utilization and maintenance of outside news feeds
• Monitoring and reporting of critical industry and market news through phone contact, email and trade leads
• Develop new sources and enhance existing contact base
• Work with management to expand existing Urner Barry content, product exposure and circulation
• Contribution to highest levels of customer satisfaction
• Professional interaction with UB staff
• Degree in journalism, economics, or related field preferred
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
• Creative ability and imagination
• Ability to work under pressure while completing assignments in a timely manner
• Excellent people skills
• Willingness to travel
• Command of PC Windows environment including Microsoft Office
• Background in agriculture, livestock, and/or futures trading preferred
• Smart, flexible, diligent and professional
• Self-starter; Maintains sense of initiative and urgency
• Straightforward, honest, team player
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k, Profit Sharing
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754