Business Development Manager
Urner Barry, Toms River, NJ, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The Business Development Manager (BDM), reporting to Sales Manager, is responsible for strengthening Urner Barry market penetration through acquisition of new accounts. Using several resources including but not limited to Microsoft CRM, Prospector, LinkedIn, Seamless.ai, Trade Shows and associations, the BDM will gather intelligence on prospective Comtell subscribers. After qualifying leads, the BDM will pursue first contacts, perform in depth discovery, demonstrate services, and close sales. As part of the Sales & Marketing department, the BDM will be working with our Sales Team, Renewals Manager, and Customer Engagement Specialist, and will be expected to close new deals, expand new business, as well as exceed individual sales targets. The BDM is expected to accurately and on a timely basis document sales activity. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Hunter mentality to acquire new accounts.
• Present product demonstrations for new opportunities.
• Consistent and on plan revenue delivery though lead identification, qualification and sales pipeline management.
• Understanding of the sales process and consultative selling skills to fully meet the needs of clients.
• Identify key influencers and decision makers within targeted accounts.
• Professional interaction with UB staff and internal stakeholders.
• Effective use of resources to develop consistent stream of new business leads.
• Sales Experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, ideally in Business.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Confident and persistent.
• Problem-solver with the desire to create and develop opportunities to expand business.
• Strong ability to communicate in a clear manner with strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
• Command of PC Windows environment including Microsoft Office
• Travel required
• Smart, diligent and professional
• Good communicator
• Straightforward, honest, team player
• Persistent, dedicated
• Accountable and goal oriented
• Base salary plus commission and bonus
• Health, Optical, Dental, Orthodontic Insurance, PTO, 401k, Profit Sharing
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08753
UB Employment Application (PDF)