Business Development Manager
Urner Barry, Toms River, NJ, USA
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for strengthening Urner Barry market penetration through
acquisition of new accounts. Using several resources including but not limited to Microsoft CRM, Prospector, LinkedIn,
Seamless.ai, Trade Shows and associations, the BDM will gather intelligence on prospective Comtell subscribers. After
qualifying leads, the BDM will pursue first contacts, perform in depth discovery, demonstrate services, and close sales.
By working with our Sales Team, Renewals Manager, and Customer Engagement Specialist, this person will be expected to
close new deals, expand new business, and exceed individual sales targets. BDR is expected to accurately and on a timely basis
document sales activity. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve
proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Hunter mentality to acquire new accounts.
• Present product demonstrations for new opportunities.
• Consistent and on plan revenue delivery though lead identification, qualification and sales pipeline management.
• Understanding of the sales process and consultative selling skills to fully meet the needs of clients.
• Identify key influencers and decision makers within targeted accounts.
• Professional interaction with UB staff and internal stakeholders.
• Effective use of resources to develop consistent stream of new business leads.
• Sales Experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, ideally in Business.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Confident and persistent.
• Problem-solver with the desire to create and develop opportunities to expand business.
• Strong ability to communicate in a clear manner with strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
• Command of PC Windows environment including Microsoft Office
• Travel required
• Smart, diligent and professional
• Good communicator
• Straightforward, honest, team player
• Persistent, dedicated
• Accountable and goal oriented
• Base salary plus commission and bonus
• Health, Optical, Dental, Orthodontic Insurance, PTO, 401k, Profit Sharing
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08753