Group IT Lead
AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company operating in market data and price discovery. Over 500,000 professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. We’re a fast-growing private equity-backed group with offices in the UK, US and France.
To date we’ve grown through carefully selected acquisitions that add to our deep sector knowledge and global reach. As we enter the next stage of our growth we are seeking a Group IT Lead to provide technical and data strategy and oversight across our businesses’ technical operations. This unique and exciting new role sits at the heart of our organisational structure and will need to flex its support between the businesses as necessary, as each has a different model and availability of IT expertise. The role provides great variety and breadth and consequently we need someone who has a strong grounding in a wide range of IT specialisms including modern infrastructure, database design, data management, web content management and end user software. We are a lean organisation and don’t have layers of hierarchy and support – it’s important that the role holder is prepared to roll their sleeves up and personally deliver rather than just direct.
The role will suit someone who has worked in a senior management role within an IT team with a wide remit (exposing them to a variety of different skills, technologies and projects). If you’re looking to move into a leadership role that focuses on strategy, matrix management and stakeholder relationships rather than running a large IT function, and are happy being hands-on in a small team, this is the role for you.
The role is based in our London office with occasional travel to our offices in other countries and will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Planning and leading Group IT strategy to achieve business aims, as well as evaluating, deploying and managing current/future IT processes and practices.
• Leading data management initiatives to ensure our data is created and used compliantly whilst enabling growth.
• Designing and monitoring group-wide technology and data KPIs, providing visibility of operational efficiency and risk reduction.
• Ensuring resilient IT security covering systems, people and processes.
• Managing a small internal central team, plus dotted lines to IT Leads within the businesses.
• Selecting and managing the right external vendors and suppliers to supplement our internal expertise and support business development.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Detailed experience at senior manager level within an in-house IT function with a large remit covering core systems, infrastructure and business user software.
• Ability to describe and provide high level design around modern cloud infrastructure, data definition and management, data integration methods and software development.
• Exposure to a wide range of technologies so you can explain their pros and cons.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a matrix organisational structure, including internal teams and external and outsourced resource.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
• Sound analytical skills and a practical approach.
• Willing to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do – apply your knowledge and experience to our needs.
• Self-motivated and resilient.
• A current passport with no restrictions for worldwide travel.
Desirable experience and skills
• A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification in your specialist area(s) e.g. ITIL, COBIT, ISO, PRINCE2, Agile.
• Salesforce or other large CRM system – implementation, management, integration with other core and non core systems.
• A background in business analysis or solution architecture.
• Experience in a B2B data or digital services business.
• Knowledge of the agricultural/agribusiness market.
If you believe to be a good match for this role please demonstrate how in a covering letter and send it together with your CV to Emma Luetchford, CMO: email@example.com