Junior Data Analyst
Urner Barry, Toms River, NJ, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The Junior Data Analyst is part of the Instant Market News (IMN) team, reporting to Director of Data Processing, and is responsible for a variety of duties at Urner Barry. These functions range from management support activities to the implementation of day-to-day operations.This person will support all phases of analytic product development, from the identification of key business questions, through data collection, and use a wide range of tools to deliver data to decision makers. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Enhancing data collection procedures
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Text Processing
• Automated web navigation
• PDF extraction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Experience and knowledge of Python & R.
• Basic understanding of MS SQL Server.
• Ability to work in both individual and in group setting
• The ability to complete assignments within a given timeframe
• Problem Solving, Documentation and Verbal Communication skills
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, corporate personnel, and vendors/suppliers.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754
UB Employment Application (PDF)