Market Analyst/Reporter – Urner Barry
Urner Barry, part of AgriBriefing, is a renowned price reporting agency based in North America which focusses on animal proteins – meat, eggs and seafood. It has an enviable client list which is a who’s who of consumer brands. As part of our expansion plans, we are now seeking a Market Analyst/Reporter to develop our coverage of the European protein markets.
This is a new, exciting role, and we are looking for a confident team player who is keen to work with colleagues in the US and Europe to help develop our market coverage.
If you are someone who is happiest when you are building trusted relationships with key people in the sector, are able to communicate with buyers and sellers in the market confidently and able to write accurately about what is happening in key market sectors, we would love to hear from you. The role will involve some overseas travel, as well as spending time on the phone and face to face talking to contacts understanding what is happening in the market and why. Ideally, you will be multi-lingual, although all reporting will be done in English.
An enthusiasm and aptitude for understanding market dynamics and being able to write clearly about what is happening is essential. If you know and understand the protein sector, even better, but it is not critical as full training will be given, including an induction period spent at the Urner Barry head office in New Jersey, USA.
Reporting directly to the Editor, the Market Analyst/Reporter will be responsible for collecting, analysing, and reporting on their assigned market. The Market Analyst/Reporter will observe and understand market conditions and write their findings in our daily publications and services. The role will also require the Market Analyst/Reporter to undertake the actions necessary to initiate new coverage in new markets.
Tasks: (include, but not limited to):
• Making phone calls to collect and disseminate market information
• Uploading market data
• Writing daily commentary
• Preparing reports (including supporting data), and making convincing market presentations
• Taking ownership for quality and accurateness of data sets
• Maintaining and generating new industry contacts
• Communicating and working closely with colleagues in other offices
• Degree or higher; Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Marketing preferred
• Excellent communication highlighted by strong writing samples and public speaking experience
• Ability to assess market conditions and provide analysis
• Creative ability and imagination; ability to work under pressure; attention to detail
• Command of PC Windows and Microsoft Office
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must
• Some travel required
• Smart, flexible, friendly and professional
• Ability to handle criticism and constructive feedback
• Good communicator
• Maintain sense of urgency
• Straightforward, honest, team player
• The position offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience and excellent package.
Please send your CV, covering letter and examples of your work to Ben Leveau: email@example.com