Market Reporter – Plant Proteins
Urner Barry, Toms River, NJ, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
This full time role will be responsible for the development of Urner Barry’s plant protein market and report to the Senior Vice President. The ideal candidate will have experience in the plant-based protein sector, including an understanding of the supply-chain, product specifications, and contacts. They will provide market transparency through timely, accurate, objective findings in reports, detailed analysis,
presentations, and product development initiatives. They will specialize in market research, reporting, and the maintenance of data sets. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Development of contact list through direct outreach, tradeshows, social media, and visitation
• Collect, interpret, and communicate relevant data to key stakeholders in timely manner mainly through phone interviews
• Analyze the plant-based protein market, applying Urner Barry’s reporting methodologies
• Identifying key drivers in the sector, including but not limited to supply statistics, demand drivers, price influencers
• Ability to research and sourcing of relevant third-party data
• Analyze the dynamics of supply, demand, price, substitutes, and complements of the market
• Owns the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of data sets based on a normalized release schedule
• Write commentary, prepare reports (including supporting data), and make convincing market presentations
• Cultivate professional relationships with internal and external partners
• Disseminate market information through a multitude of channels
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher; Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications, 3 years’ experience in the plant protein sector in similar role can be substituted for education requirement
• Analytical thinker with the ability to assess market conditions and provide detailed statistical analysis
• Strong technical background with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SQL, and Access a plus
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Some travel required; potentially internationally
• Public speaking experience
• Bilingual/Mandarin a plus
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754
UB Employment Application (PDF)