Marketing Lead – Commercial
AgriBriefing, Preston, UK
AgriBriefing supports an international community of farming and agribusiness professionals, operating across multiple sectors of the value chain to improve yields, purchase more effectively and build better businesses. Our trusted brands deliver price reporting; premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence. The Preston office is the home of Farmers Guardian, the UK farming community’s indispensable weekly magazine that turned 175 this year and Insightful, a content marketing agency specialising in reaching agricultural audiences.
Across AgriBriefing’s market intelligence businesses we provide the independent benchmarks around which agricultural inputs and produce are traded. Over 500,000 professionals in 150 countries rely on our publications, information services and events to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars. We have offices in London, Preston, Toulouse and Toms River, NJ.
We are seeking a Marketing Lead for commercial marketing in the Production, Processing & Trading division of AgriBriefing based in Preston. This division specifically targets the UK farming and agriculture industry. The role holder will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team and senior stakeholders within the division to deliver high quality marketing activity to meet business targets. Your focus will be on targeting and servicing the division’s commercial clients who use our unique audience reach, expertise and resources to achieve their own business objectives. This varies from small businesses placing classified ads in our publications to global corporations carrying out large multi-channel campaigns with us. You must have strong experience and skills planning and managing common digital and offline channels, and be comfortable using marketing technology and understanding related data and processes.
AgriBriefing is a fast moving, entrepreneurial group and you’ll need to balance taking the lead on activity with helping to deliver it. We are a friendly, non-hierarchical group and need someone who is happy building new relationships and who enjoys working with a wide variety of stakeholders. You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change. No previous experience in the agriculture industry is required, but you need to have a desire to learn about the world of farming and those who serve it.
The role reports to the Group CMO and will work directly alongside its counterparts, the Marketing Leads for consumer and events and the Digital technology lead. There is a dotted reporting line to the Division’s Managing Director. You’ll have a small team reporting to you.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with your colleagues in digital, analytics, sales and editorial teams to deliver sales and marketing collateral and client work. You and your team will deliver marketing activity to attract and retain new commercial clients. You’ll work to maximise the relationship and value of all clients, and efficiently prioritise quality leads and opportunities alongside the Sales teams. You’ll also get to work on some high profile client campaigns, using their brands and working to their timings and expectations. You’ll need to roll your sleeves up and be involved in delivering the work with your team. That means writing briefs, determining and measuring KPIs, liaising with designers and developers and sometimes writing copy.
You’ll be responsible for the productivity and personal development of your team. You’ll need to ensure they have what they need to do their jobs, are performing to a high standard, and have good relationships with their colleagues and stakeholders. You’re a point of escalation when challenges arise and need to be constantly aware of what’s going on in order to keep the Group CMO and Division’s MD up to date.
The teams within the division are diverse and you’ll need strong verbal and written communication skills to build relationships and get the best out of each of the teams. You’ll also need good basic project management skills to deliver a high volume of work with many moving parts. You’ll be expected to put processes in place to measure the effectiveness of all marketing activity you carry out and help build business cases for further investment.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Solid experience in a senior marketing manager or similar role delivering a high volume of effective B2B marketing activity across channels.
• Experience working closely with internal sales teams to manage the lead generation process.
• Line management experience.
• Highly autonomous and proactive with strong communication skills – the Group CMO is not based in the Preston office and relies on you to manage things locally.
• Ability to see the big picture and to judge when to get into the detail.
• Results driven, commercial mindset.
• Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM and email broadcast tools in particular.
• Solid experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including web and mobile apps, email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures – ability to demonstrate how you’ve designed and implemented multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
• Confident working with senior internal and external stakeholders including high value clients.
• Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
• Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
• Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
• CIM qualified.
• Knowledge of the agricultural market.
• Agency marketing experience.
• Experience managing direct and dotted line reports when working in agile project-focussed environments.
If you think you are the right person for the role please explain why in a cover letter and send, along with your CV, to Emma Luetchford, CMO: firstname.lastname@example.org