Pressroom Bindery Assistant – Urner Barry
Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The part-time Bindery Assistant is an essential component of the Job Printing team. Job functions vary but are primarily focused on operating machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, setup of equipment, running jobs and boxing and shipping for completion. The individual should be able to follow instructions and troubleshoot problems when they arise, complete work accurately and efficiently, and assist the bindery coordinator where needed. Bindery Assistants will also be responsible for order processing and assist with delivery coordination procedures that are unique to each job and client.Experience is not necessary but possibly rewarded. Training offered to an applicant who is inclined to learn, proper handling of paper, along with simple machinery set up and operation. Patience and enthusiasm are necessary, basic knowledge of running machinery is a must. This is a great opportunity for a machine minded person to learn a trade and grow with an ever-evolving printing company. Your direct report will be with the Assistant Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include, but not limited to):
• Setup and operation of various bindery machines.
• Complete daily tasks as instructed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Communicate with clients to determine their needs.
• Ship orders based off client requests.
• Create delivery tickets and box labels as needed.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• A professional phone presence.
• Command of PC Windows environment.
• The ability to work and have a positive attitude under pressure.
• The ability to multitask.
• The ability to complete assignments within a given timeframe.
• The ability to work well within the team of pressman and bindery personnel.
• Smart, flexible, diligent, professional.
• Good communicator.
• Elevated sense of urgency.
• Straightforward, honest, team player.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08753