Product manager, Inputs division
Feedinfo, London, UK
Feedinfo is one of AgriBriefing’s flagship B2B premium data products, sold on a SaaS model by subscription. It provides price reporting, news and analysis to the fast-growing biotechnology sector, specifically companies involved in buying and selling inputs to animal feed, a market worth $20bn per year.
In light of the division’s ambitious growth targets we’ve created a new role focusing exclusively on developing the product. The Product Manager will develop a deep understanding of the product features, its target audience, its market, and the AgriBriefing organisation dynamics that support it. The product manager is the guardian of the quality of the product and its marketability.
The role holder will conduct primary market research and product concept testing with customers to generate product requirements. They will determine specifications, recommend delivery mechanics, design go to market and release plans. They will work closely with the division’s MD and alongside sales and marketing to develop go to market strategy.
The role holder is responsible for the product roadmap. They will support product development by translating business needs to product solutions. Through direction from key business stakeholders, they will take responsibility for maximising the value of the products through effective prioritisation and curation of the requirements backlog, and the work of software development partners. Future developments are likely to relate not only to the core product but also look to develope partnerships and acquisitions.
The role holder will be based in our London office but can expect frequent travel to high profile client sites and large industry events in order to build their network and meet end users and decision makers.
Develop and manage the Product Roadmap
• Understand customers’ needs and desires by working closely with Sales, Editorial and Analyst teams and through direct customer interaction.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product features – what to develop, enhance, retire.
• Determine Minimum Viable and Marketable Product criteria.
• Assesses market appetite and competition.
Lead product development
• Bring new features to market by analysing proposed product requirements provided by both internal and external stakeholders.
• Work closely with software development partners to clarify, estimate and roll out software requirements.
• Acquire knowledge of existing technical and business processes and apply this knowledge to assigned tasks and projects.
• Present solutions/prototypes to stakeholders in design phases, collaborating with key stakeholders to define acceptance criteria.
• Lead or coordinate with third parties who contribute to the solution.
Manage the product lifecycle
• Monitor competitive activity and market trends to maintain continued viability of product.
• Continuously interact with customers and the Sales team to understand the need for product enhancements and/or feature retirement.
• Stay apprised of new technologies and data initiatives and recommend their integration into the product roadmap.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• 2-3 years’ experience as a product manager of a B2B data or digital service
• Demonstrable experience of using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DSDM)
• Understanding of software development cycle
• UX skills – wireframing, prototyping, UX testing
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Sound analytical skills
• Willing to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do
• A team player who can work in cross functional teams
• A current passport with no restrictions for worldwide travel
Desirable experience and skills
• Understanding of data integration models e.g. ESBs v APIs
• Knowledge of the agricultural/agribusiness market
• A second language is not necessary but French, Spanish, German or Mandarin could prove useful in some of our territories
If you belive to be a good match for the role please demonstrate how in a covering letter and send it along with your CV to Emma Luetchford, CMO: email@example.com