Sales Executive (Marketing Solutions)
Urner Barry, Toms River, NJ, USA
Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Solutions, you will be responsible for Urner Barry’s marketing solutions to business across the food supply chain. This includes advertising, event sponsorship and ‘new media’ content-marketing solutions, including webinars, podcasts, and sponsored articles. You will inherit a book of business with hundreds of thousands of dollars of advertisers and will be expected to manage those existing relationships and grow them – both in terms of dollars and to introduce those clients to new Urner Barry products and services. The candidate should be able to accurately and on a timely basis document sales and customer service activities, and process appropriate paperwork. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Implementation of sales strategy
• Connect with existing accounts, securing revenue, and identifying upsell/cross-sell opportunities
• Identify relevant targets for outreach and introduce new media opportunities
• Management of sales cycle from lead generation to close
• Consistent and on plan revenue delivery through lead identification, qualification, and sales pipeline management
• Development of client bases and markets through direct outreach (cold calls, LinkedIn, targeted communication)
• Contribution to highest levels of prospect and customer satisfaction
• Professional interaction with UB staff
• Limited travel required to key industry trade shows
• Sales experience preferred
• Hunter mentality to acquire new accounts.
• Confident, persistent, and inquisitive
• Excellent presentation and demonstration skills both in a group setting, on phone, and on camera.
• A high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and build rapport with customers, management, employees, corporate personnel, and vendors/suppliers.
• Command of PC Windows environment, Microsoft Office, and CRM.
• Base salary plus commission
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754
UB Employment Application (PDF)