Senior Marketing Manager – Events
AgriBriefing, London, UK
AgriBriefing supports an international community of agribusiness professionals, operating across multiple sectors of the value chain to improve yields, purchase more effectively and build better businesses. Our trusted brands deliver price reporting; premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence. Across AgriBriefing’s market intelligence businesses we provide the independent benchmarks around which agricultural inputs and produce are traded. Over 500,000 professionals in 150 countries rely on our publications, information services and events to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars. We have offices in London, Preston, Toulouse and Toms River, NJ. This role is based in central London, but occasional European and Worldwide travel will be required to support the events.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to lead and deliver the marketing efforts for our corporate events and commercial advertising products, reporting into the Marketing Lead for our Inputs division. The role holder will work closely with Event Sales and Content teams and their stakeholders to deliver high quality, commercially successful events for a range of AgriBriefing brands. In this role you have an great opportunity to take great events that are popular with delegates and sponsors alike, and turn them into THE events for the industry, the staples in the calendar, year on year.
AgriBriefing is a fast moving, entrepreneurial group and you’ll need to balance taking a lead on activity with rolling your sleeves up and helping to deliver it. If you’re obsessed with commercial progress – seeing the direct correlation between your work and our revenue, being driven by over-achieving on weekly and monthly targets, and excelling at creating an unmissable buzz around events, then this could be your ideal next role.
You’ll be hungry to make your mark on our great events and advertising products, always looking for ways to optimise your digital and offline marketing activity and not afraid to take risks, learning and building from these, experimenting with marketing technology and owning related data and processes.
We are a friendly, non-hierarchical group and need a Senior Marketing Manager who is confident building relationships and who thrives on working with a wide variety of stakeholders – inside the business and outside. You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with other events specialists across the group both in the same office and remotely, to bring together high quality large events. You’ll be the marketing lead on these, ensuring appropriate plans are in place to deliver the event’s objectives on time and budget.
You’ll be expected to personally deliver much of the activity – we don’t have big teams and everyone is hands-on. We do however have access to in-house specialists in digital development and analytics who you can work with to deliver. You’ll be expected to put processes in place to measure the effectiveness of all marketing activity you carry out and build business cases for further investment.
In addition to leading and delivering on our events marketing, you will also be working with the wider marketing team and the sales and content teams to develop and promote our advertising portfolio of products, from sponsored podcasts and videos, to white papers and articles, and more.
As our teams are geographically spread, you’ll need strong project management skills to deliver work with many moving parts.
You’ll work with event managers onsite at events to make sure everything goes smoothly and our events deliver what they promise. Whilst you’ll be focussed on events you will occasionally be asked to help other marketers when we’re particularly busy, so this role gives plenty of opportunity to expand.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Solid experience as a marketing manager or senior marketing manager delivering a high volume of effective marketing activity across channels.
• Experience in marketing conferences
• Proactive self-starter.
• Results driven, commercial mindset.
• Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM and email broadcast tools in particular.
• Deep experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures and other collateral – ability to demonstrate how you’ve designed and implemented multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
• Confident working with internal and external stakeholders including high value clients.
• Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
• Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
• Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
• Experience targeting senior executives in a B2B context.
• Experience using Salesforce for CRM – taking responsibility for data and business processes from a marketing perspective and getting value out of the system.
• Experience managing direct and dotted line reports when working in agile project-focussed environments.
If you think you are the right person for the role please explain why in a cover letter and send it along with your CV to Jo Goodwin, the Marketing Lead, Inputs: firstname.lastname@example.org