AgriBriefing is a media company with a focus on Agribusiness.
By 2050, there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and they will insist it is delivered in a sustainable manner.
Agriculture is the most important industry in world and is currently undergoing the biggest transformation in its history.
Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight, and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
Urner Barry is the North American division of AgriBriefing. For over 160 years we have provided the world’s leading protein companies with news and market data. From animal processors to restaurants and retailers, we have an audience of the most influential players in the protein supply chain, which makes our magazines and websites an incredible advertising opportunity for companies looking to reach that audience.
Working out of our Toms River, NJ office, the Sales Executive to join our advertising and events team to sell to the biggest brands in the food business. The role encompasses our biggest brands, including:
• The Global Protein Summit & Executive Conference – our flagship events for the buyers and sellers of meat, eggs and alternative proteins
• Our websites, newsletters, and reports which our customers check every day for the latest industry news and market pricing data
• Women in Food & Agriculture – our flagship initiative that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion in our sector
You’ll be setting up meetings with people who typically have some form of connection to Urner Barry already (subscribers, past attendees etc) and want to promote their business to our audience. We work with customers who have an interesting and engaging story to tell; companies that are at the forefront of addressing issues of that affect our industry, and they are keen to engage with the media on this topic.
Working with our sales and reporting teams, you’ll be fully supported in introducing our 2022 events and advertising opportunities to potential customers and will take over managing those relationships as we grow the business.
This role suits someone who is happy engaging with our contacts around the world daily via phone call, video call and in‐person.
You’ll be part of a small but international sales team (with colleagues in the UK, USA, and France) so will be learning from colleagues and industry experts on a daily basis. We’ll provide detailed training on the industry, and sales training upfront and on a continuous basis to help you progress and work on bigger projects that will earn you – and the company – more money.
Every day you’ll be in contact with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the food and agriculture industry and will get to travel to our international events representing the brand and meeting business leaders from household name companies.
• Identifying companies with the right attributes for us to work with.
• Making first contact and introducing our business to those companies.
• Following our sales process and presenting relevant opportunities to those companies.
• Contacting existing customers for repeat business and upsell opportunities.
• Managing the ‘life cycle’ for your customers ‐ ensuring we deliver what both parties have agreed on time and to the highest standard.
• Providing analytics/success reports to customers.
• International travel will be required to attend events.
• Personable and keen to talk to new people.
• Comfortable and confident on video calls and on the phone.
• Great at asking relevant questions and collecting feedback.
• Able to grasp new ideas and the issues affecting businesses.
• Be able to ‘think big’ and contribute ideas for growth that improve our events and the experience for attendees.
• Strong written skills ‐ the ability to clearly communicate on email before, during and after a sale.
• Technically proficient – can find new contacts online (e.g., LinkedIn research) and keep our records updated (via Microsoft Office software and Microsoft Dynamics).
• Competitive Salary depending on experience.
• Commission paid on all personal sales, with bonus payments for outperformance.
• Opportunity for rapid advancement and personal growth.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match.
PERKS of WORKING at AGRIBRIEFING
• AgriBriefing is committed to offering employees flexible working post‐pandemic and creating an environment where each employee can work in the manner that best supports their needs, the needs of their immediate team and that of our customers.
• This job will be based out of our Toms River office and employees will need to be able to come to the office at least 3 days per week.
• Employees are free to use the office facilities full time, or work from home the remaining 2 days per week.
• Initial probationary period of 90 days.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754