AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company operating in market data and price discovery. Over 500,000 professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. We’re a fast-growing private equity-backed group with offices in the UK, US and France.
Our flagship brands deliver premium data, news, and analysis via web platforms. We also have accompanying event domains and marketing content. These products rely on our team to continuously enhance them in line with client expectations and the product roadmaps, and fix any day to day issues quickly. We now have the opportunity to hire a frontend developer to be dedicated to our European price reporting products. The day to day responsibilities of the role will focus on working with other developers and analysts to deliver new features or enhancements, carrying out edits to content that isn’t covered within content editor features, or creating other assets like email templates. New features and enhancements may require you to wireframe, provide visuals, and make changes to the CMS functionality to bring them to life.
The role will suit someone who has a broad frontend skillset and enjoys using all elements of it and learning more. You are likely to be the sole frontender, at least for a while (although there are other developers with other skillsets in other divisions who you will be encouraged to collaborate with). This is not a role for someone who prefers to be part of a large team or an ‘agency’ environment. We are a lean organisation and don’t have layers of hierarchy and support. It’s important that the role holder is prepared to take responsibility for all aspects of work from start to finish and manage their own time and resources to do this. On the flip side, you will get to design your own processes and directly influence the work we deliver.
The role is to be based either primarily in London, Toulouse, Moret sur Loing, or remotely.
- Solid experience designing and building new web sites and web pages that either need a custom appearance or fall outside of content editor features.
- Optimising existing content to provide great UX and meet business goals around awareness, conversion and loyalty.
- Finding user-friendly solutions to client and stakeholder requirements to create a premium multimedia experience.
- Initially focussed on WordPress but later to include Umbraco (training will be provided).
- Email design and build, where new templates or complex elements are required.
- Supporting on other elements of digital asset creation, e.g. where social media content needs to match the website visual style.
Required experience, skills and behaviours:
- Strong HTML, CSS esp. working within WordPress
- Experience wireframing using software like Adobe or Balsamiq
- UI design – providing high quality creative visuals using Adobe, Figma or similar tools.
- Understanding of UX principles and some experience running or participating in UX testing.
- Good understanding of best practice, clean code, accessibility rules etc.
- Willing to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do – apply your knowledge and experience to our needs.
- Great stakeholder management – you will be embedded with Product, Sales and Marketing teams and will be expected to communicate frequently and clearly with them.
- You must be business-orientated and balance our commercial goals with customer experience.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
Beneficial additional experience:
- Light PHP relating to WordPress (we have specialists but a blended skillset is helpful)
- Light .Net C#, specifically working with the Umbraco CMS (as above)
Please apply to email@example.com