AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company operating in market data and price discovery. Over 500,000 professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. We’re a fast-growing private equity-backed group with offices in the UK, US and France.
Our flagship brands deliver premium data, news and analysis via web platforms. We also have accompanying event domains and marketing content. We consider ourselves a data and digital company but not a ‘technology company’. Because of this plus the diverse nature of our European businesses in particular, we keep our internal resource lean and outsource where we can. We now have the opportunity to hire an IT manager to manage and optimise our suppliers and resource, constantly ensuring we have the right solutions to match our needs. Taking pride in providing service excellence to our staff and clients, matched with value for money, is crucial.
The role will suit someone who has a broad and general understanding of IT management across the organisation, loves variety and learning. For example you may have a service desk background or have been exposed to a variety of specialisms such as infrastructure or database management while working in a large team. You do not need to be a specialist in a particular discipline or technology, but you will need to have a thirst for learning in order to become an expert in the specific solutions we have. It’s important that you are business-focussed and prioritise the meeting of our commercial goals over tech for tech’s sake. Also to be ready to roll your sleeves up and personally deliver where most suitable.
You will be the only dedicated in-house IT manager in our European operation, at least for a while, and your resource is expected to be almost entirely outsourced. This is not a role for someone who prefers to be part of a large team or is used to relying on a deep internal resource pool – the dynamics of working with suppliers is very different and comes with positives and negatives. It’s important that the role holder is prepared to take responsibility for all aspects of work from start to finish and manage their own time and resources to do this. On the flip side, you will be working with the group CMO to design your own processes and directly influence the IT support model and supplier portfolio we use.
The role is to be based either primarily in London, Toulouse, Moret sur Loing, or remotely.
- Managing existing suppliers – ensuring accurate and timely delivery of service, regular review meetings.
- Some 1st line and maybe 2nd line support – while we expect to outsource at least some of this it’s important that the IT manager is keen to help, taking calls and resolving obvious things themselves.
- Budget management – keeping on top of all aspects of IT spend, recommending future budget.
- Change management and project planning – where larger changes are expected, to fully project manage them and provide the link and subject matter expertise between suppliers and colleagues.
- Internal stakeholder management – designing and delivering IT comms, keeping everyone up to date, providing reassurance, and demystifying IT terminology.
Required experience, skills and behaviours:
- Experience in a team where you‘ve had exposure to core systems, infrastructure, networks and business user software.
- If you’ve worked in-house you must have experience managing external suppliers, if at a managed service provider you must have client-facing experience.
- Ability to describe and understand (at a high level only) design around modern cloud infrastructure, data definition and management, system analysis and solution architecture.
- Solid experience with the Microsoft stack, platforms and applications including O365 and Azure – these are increasingly the foundations of our new solutions.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills and the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Sound analytical skills and a practical approach.
- Willing to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do – apply your knowledge and experience to our needs.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
Please apply to email@example.com