Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood, and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes, and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations, and analysis to a wide range of customers.
Urner Barry’s Instant Market News team has an opening for a Full-Time Junior Data Analyst. We are seeking someone that will be collaborate with a diverse team involved in seeking, collecting, and disseminating relevant data, as well as documenting the information being processed. This person will be passionate about turning data into information.
• Use of data mining skills using Java or Python.
• Enhancing data collection procedures and assisting in making data accessible, in the form of results for all stakeholders.
• Test data to identify data integrity issues, troubleshooting problems, and makes recommendations for solutions.
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
• Web scrapping and Text file parsing.
• Automated web navigation.
• PDF extraction.
• Using APIs to extract data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar; or equivalent work experience.
• Experience and knowledge of programming skills of Python, Java, or R.
• Basic understanding of SQL Server.
• Working knowledge of SQL, including an ability to write and troubleshoot queries.
• Problem Solving, Documentation and Verbal Communication skills
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, corporate personnel, and vendors/suppliers.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Python, Java, R, SQL, OOP, pandas, HTML, Advanced Excel
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754