By 2050, there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and they will insist it is delivered in a sustainable manner.
Agriculture is the most important industry in world and is currently undergoing the biggest transformation in its history. Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight, and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
Urner Barry is the North American division of AgriBriefing. For over 160 years, Urner Barry has empowered people that feed the world. We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes, data, and analysis to influential players across the supply chain.
Working out of Toms River, NJ corporate office, Urner Barry has an opening for a Junior Data Engineer. The candidate will be part of the Instant Market News (IMN) team and is responsible for a variety of duties at Urner Barry. This person will support all phases of analytic product development, from the identification of key business questions, through data collection, and use a wide range of tools to deliver data to decision makers. This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days in the Toms River office.
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Enhancing data collection procedures
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Work side by side and support the Consulting and IT departments to meet customer business needs and design and implement data warehouses
• Monitor and maintain data pipelines proactively to ensure high service availability
• Design and implement internal process improvements by automating manual processes and improving infrastructure for greater scalability
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar; or equivalent work experience
• Experience and knowledge of Python, Java, or R. Must have experience with SQL
• Proficient skill in using SQL/Python to retrieve, cleanse, transform the data for analytical/modeling purpose
• Problem Solving, Documentation and Verbal Communication skills
• Experience in developing ETL (Data processing pipeline) to integrate large volumes of data from various sources in database environment
• Basic understanding of statistical models
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Urner Barry Inc to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers to type, file, perform clerical tasks, and/or operate a computer
• Speaking/talking to express or exchange ideas or provide instructions
• Hearing with or without correction to perceive normal speaking levels. Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
• Sitting at a desk most of the time
• Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or a negligible amount frequently
• Standing/remaining upright on the feet periodically
• Walking/moving about on feet to accomplish tasks, from one part of the office to another
• Visual acuity with or without correction to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal, read extensively, operate office machines, and to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
PERKS of WORKING at Urner Barry
• Urner Barry is committed to offering employees flexible working post-pandemic and creating an environment where each employee can work in the manner that best supports their needs, the needs of their immediate team and that of our customers.
• This job will be based out of our Toms River office and employees will need to be able to come to the office at least 3 days per week.
• Employees are free to use the office facilities full time, or work from home the remaining 2 days per week.
• Initial probationary period of 90 days.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754