Urner Barry is a business publisher specializing in the timely, accurate and unbiased reporting of market news and quotations to clients in the poultry, egg, meat, seafood and related segments of the food industry through a variety of print and non-print media.
We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes and analysis with the most effective methods available using the latest in database technology. Whether it be in print, on-line, email or video, Urner Barry’s services deliver timely and valuable market news, quotations and analysis to a wide range of customers.
The Market Researcher will be responsible for closely monitoring market and industry trends on specific protein markets. This position will provide support to the Market Reporter with the timely, accurate, objective findings in daily reports, preparation of detailed analysis, and contributions to product development. The Market Researcher will specialize in the compilation and analysis of data market research, reporting, and the maintenance of data sets. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Learn the market drivers in key commodity area including but not limited to supply statistics, demand drivers, price influencers
• Collect and interpret relevant data using modern and traditional methods
• Collaborate with team members to develop actionable ideas of data gathered
• Analyze assigned protein markets, applying learned methodologies to report findings
• Take ownership for quality and accuracy of data sets
• Maintain existing and generate new industry contacts
• Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
• Professionally work with internal and external partners
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher; Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications
• Basic understanding of simple economics concepts
• Problem solving abilities and analytical thinker
• Strong technical background with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SQL, and Access a plus
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers
• Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills; and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Some travel required
• Public speaking experience preferred
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• Base salary.
• Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match
SUBMIT RESUME TO
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754
UB Employment Application (PDF)