AgriBriefing is a media company with a focus on Agribusiness.
By 2050, there will be an estimated 9 billion people to feed on the planet: they will need protein, they will demand more choice, and they will insist it is delivered in a sustainable manner.
Agriculture is the most important industry in world and is currently undergoing the biggest transformation in its history. Agribusinesses around the world need to connect with one another and share data, news, insight, and analysis that will help their companies survive and evolve to meet the needs of the consumer and our planet.
Urner Barry is the North American division of AgriBriefing. For over 160 years, Urner Barry has empowered people that feed the world. We strive to be at the forefront of delivering market news, quotes, data, and analysis to influential players across the supply chain.
Working out of Toms River, NJ corporate office, the Market Researcher will be responsible for closely monitoring market and industry trends on specific protein markets. This position will provide support to the Market Reporter with the timely, accurate, objective findings in daily reports, preparation of detailed analysis, and contributions to product development. The Market
Researcher will specialize in the compilation and analysis of data market research, reporting, and the maintenance of data sets. As employee development is essential, responsibilities and job function may expand and evolve proportionate to the employer’s needs.
• Learn the market drivers in key commodity area including but not limited to supply statistics, demand drivers, price influencers.
• Collect and interpret relevant data using modern and traditional methods.
• Collaborate with team members to develop actionable ideas of data gathered.
• Analyze assigned protein markets, applying learned methodologies to report findings.
• Take ownership for quality and accuracy of data sets.
• Maintain existing and generate new industry contacts.
• Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations.
• Professionally work with internal and external partners.
• Some travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher; Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Journalism, or Communications.
• Basic understanding of simple economics concepts.
• Problem solving abilities and analytical thinker.
• Strong technical background with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; SQL, and Access a plus
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must.
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and customers.
• Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Public speaking experience preferred
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• Base salary.
• PTO, Health, Life, Optical, Dental and Orthodontic Insurance, 401k w/ Match.
PERKS of WORKING at AGRIBRIEFING
• AgriBriefing is committed to offering employees flexible working post-pandemic and creating an environment where each employee can work in the manner that best supports their needs, the needs of their immediate team and that of our customers.
• This job will be based out of our Toms River office and employees will need to be able to come to the office at least 3 days per week.
• Employees are free to use the office facilities full time, or work from home the remaining 2 days per week.
• Initial probationary period of 90 days.
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Urner Barry Publications
P.O. Box 389
Toms River, NJ 08754