AgriBriefing supports an international community of agribusiness professionals, operating across multiple sectors of the value chain to improve yields, purchase more effectively and build better businesses. Our trusted brands deliver price reporting; premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence.
Across AgriBriefing’s market intelligence businesses we provide the independent benchmarks around which agricultural inputs and produce are traded. Over 500,000 professionals in 150 countries rely on our publications, information services and events to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
We have offices in London, Paris, Toulouse and New Jersey, and this role is based in London, reporting to the Head of Marketing (also based in London).
AgriBriefing believes that creating a culture of diversity will help to maximise everybody’s potential and achieve superior business results. We aim to harness these differences to create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are being fully utilised and in which organisational goals are met.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic and driven commercial Marketing Manager to support ambitious but sustainable growth plans for the AgriBriefing Europe portfolio of B2B subscriptions brands, including Feedinfo, Stratégie Grains and Agrimoney.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day marketing activities to help grow our brand awareness and audiences in key global industries, and to support revenue targets through effective lead generation and nurture.
If you are a Junior Marketing Manager or Senior Marketing Executive looking for your next role in an ambitious and growing business, where you can really try out your ideas, testing and optimising as you go, this could be a great fit for you.
You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change. No previous experience in the agriculture industry is required, but you need to have a desire to learn about this niche area in the industry and be prepared to build your own network of contacts.
You’ll need to demonstrate an understanding of how to market a licenced premium digital data product. You’re responsible for collaborating on the marketing strategy, delivering plans and activity on time and to really make the most of budgets. You must have strong experience and skills planning and managing common digital and offline channels, and be comfortable using marketing technology and understanding related data and processes.
Working closely with sales, editorial, product management and technical teams, you’ll be a key part of driving AgriBriefing’s brands forwards. With three brands and multiple products to support, both effective time and stakeholder management skills are crucial for the success of this role.
• Working with the Head of Marketing to build and deliver the marketing strategy for the business and its brands – utilising opportunities available to cross-sell across our markets
• Managing a varied schedule of marketing campaigns to support brand awareness, audience/data growth and lead generation/nurture across our brands
• Tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting findings and recommendations to the Head of Marketing and other stakeholders including the sales and product teams
• Managing the copywriting, design and production of various materials, such as websites, emails, adverts and brochures
• Creating, executing and optimising content and social media plans working closely with stakeholders across our editorial/content teams
• Working with colleagues in the marketing team to build an effective data plan across our organisation and its brands and products
• Managing the day-to-day marketing budget, ensuring all activities are delivering strong ROI
• Overseeing the company’s attendance at events, such as trade shows, conferences, and festivals
• Working alongside the Senior Events Marketing Manager to ensure a joined-up approach in communications and messaging to our shared audiences
This list is not exhaustive, and may be changed at any time as circumstances warrant.
Required experience, skills and behaviours
• Solid experience in a marketing role delivering effective B2B marketing activity across channels on time and budget.
• Experience working closely with internal sales teams to manage the lead generation process.
• Results driven, commercial mindset.
• Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM, data and email broadcast tools in particular.
• Solid experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including web and mobile apps, email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures
• Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
• Confident working with data – good basic skills in cleaning, analysing, segmenting
• Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
• Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
• Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
• Fluent or conversational French is a bonus
• Previous experience working in a B2B subscriptions business
• Previous experience of breaking in to new markets (global or segment) is a plus
If you think this is the role for you, please explain why in a cover letter and send, along with your CV to, Head of Marketing Jo Goodwin: firstname.lastname@example.org