AgriBriefing is the world’s leading agribusiness media and intelligence company operating in market data and price discovery. Over 500,000 professionals across 150 countries rely on our information services to make business decisions worth hundreds of billions of dollars across the entire value chain. We’re a fast-growing private equity-backed group with offices in the UK, US and France.
Our flagship brands deliver premium data, news and analysis via web platforms. We also have accompanying event domains and marketing content. Our support function teams are pretty lean, plus we specifically encourage hybrid roles working in an environment with a DevOps mentality – we like people to work on the whole lifecycle of a product, service or system. A new role has arisen within this context, for someone with both systems analyst and data analyst skills. This hybrid need largely relates to the fact our core focus is serving premium data to our markets via digital interfaces, so the two elements directly overlap.
The role suits someone who has experience in either specialism and wants the flexibility and scope to fully work with both the data and the systems that manage it. As a system analyst your role would not stop at designing a system or scoping a change. Conversely as a data analyst you would have power to design the systems and inputs you need – you won’t be stuck with what someone else designed for you. To be clear however, the emphasis on the data analyst aspects of this role are the transformation and programming side rather than the modelling and interpretation. If you thrive on change and variety and have a real desire to constantly learn new things, this role will definitely provide that.
The role is to be based either primarily in London, Toulouse, Moret sur Loing, or remotely.
• Working alongside the Group CMO to investigate and recommend data and system transformation projects.
• Analysing requirements and pain points, researching options and designing technical solutions to support AgriBriefing’s goals.
• Understanding and coordinating our overall European data architecture – the systems, users (internal and external), sources, connections and dependencies.
• Directly providing, and supporting others to provide outputs from our data – dashboards, reports etc.
• Liaising with AgriBriefing US on the technical aspects of systems and data.
Required experience, skills and behaviours:
• Sound theoretical knowledge plus a reasonable element of practical experience in either systems analysis (relating to data-focussed systems) or data transformation and programming – we are not looking for someone with a lot of experience, more someone who will grow with us.
• Strong understanding of API-based architecture.
• Good SQL skills plus some experience with Python or R.
• Experience with Power BI, Tableau or similar – either from an architectural or development pov.
• Excellent problem-solving skills – this role involves a lot of investigation, proof of concepts etc.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work in flexible cross-department teams – the investigative work and proof of concepts will need to be translated into practical projects where you will work with other data and tech teams to deliver.
• Hungry to learn and show enthusiasm for what we do – apply your knowledge and experience to our needs and undertake training and knowledge transfer.
• Self-motivated, resilient, and focussed on delivering value to the business.
If you think this is the role for you, please explain why in a cover letter and send along with your CV to Emma Luetchford, Chief Marketing Officer: email@example.com